Parallel Downflow Deaerators offer high performance between the extremes of 100% make-up water (below 50° F), mostly hot condensate and substantial flashing returns.
- Trays: Type 430 Stainless Steel (SS), pan type, one piece
- Water distributor: 316 SS Lock-N-Load Spray Nozzles
- Design pressure: As required
- Deaerator top: Welded Steel Plate, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) stamped
- Storage tanks: Welded Steel Plate, ASME stamped
- Vent condenser: Direct Contact Type with Stainless Steel baffling
- Deaerating Trays
- One piece construction type 430 SS. Easily handled by one person
- Trays are designed so that the pressure shell does not come in contact with the un-deaerated water or concentrated non-condensible gases
- Trays provide excellent performance having the highest spilling edge and baffling area available in any tray design, which allows for maximum water “break-up” and retention time
- Handles higher steam flows through the tray stack. Requires the lowest temperature differential of any deaerator to meet operating warranty; typically 20° F or less
- Water seal between the trays and the spray section eliminates direct impingement of the spray on the trays and ensures even distribution of the water over the tray stack
- Use of trays with less open area than required in counterflow operation maximizes spilling edge and exposes a greater surface of the water to the stripping action of the steam
- Optimized mixing plus higher steam velocity results in maximum gas removal efficiency
- Genuine two-stage deaeration
We’re Here to Support You
We understand your unique challenges. Beyond a technology solution, Newterra is dedicated to the entire lifecycle of your needs. Whatever support you need, Newterra probably has a solution to solve it..
Rental and Alternative Delivery
Whether your needs are short-term bridge, emergency or supplemental or long-term system deployment, Newterra has flexible solutions that alleviate the need for major capital expenditure.
Technical and Support Services
From operations consultation and long-term service contracts embowered by our Internet of Things (IoT) platform to commissioning expertise and emergency ad-hoc needs almost anywhere in the world, our technical experts are available to serve you. Let Newterra keep your systems optimized.
From licensed and certified removal, to exchange, to supply, Newterra provides the gamut of services to keep your media and membrane solutions at peak performance. Let the same experts who build your systems help you keep them running.
Parts and Customer Experience
Rely on Newterra for all your aftermarket needs. Our teams have the background and tools to serve you effectively. Nothing beats original equipment manufacturer (OEM) service. Anything you need, we’re here for you.
Water enters the preheating compartment and is heated to saturation temperature. Here, the bulk of the noncondensible gases is removed before the water enters the trays.
Heated water passes through the water seal-type distributors to the tray section. The water seals prevent bypassing of steam into the preheating compartment and prevent non-condensible gases from entering the tray compartment from the preheating section. Water passes downward through the trays to complete final deaeration and then goes to storage. Steam enters the inlet nozzle and passes through ports in the tray compartment to the space above the trays, flowing downward with the water through the tray section.
This action provides highly efficient distribution over the trays, maximizing surface contact between steam and water, and prevents damming up of water and possible water hammer. Practically no steam condensation occurs in the tray compartment since inlet water has been heated to within a few degrees of steam temperature in the preheater compartment.
The entire volume of uncontaminated steam is employed in the scrubbing action, thus removing the final traces of oxygen. Steam leaves the bottom of the trays, then flows to the preheater compartment, where it is condensed. Noncondensible gases are discharged into the atmosphere.
Newterra Deaerator and Forced Draft Degasifiers remove dissolved oxygen and carbon dioxide without steam feed or a need for raising water temperature.Read More about Vacuum Deaerator & Forced Draft Degassifiers